40 Degreez Centre is managed by a group of trustees who meet quarterly, who are supported by the Steering Committee comprising a mixture of trustees and co-opted members from other interested organisations. In order to ensure that the Trustees remain fully committed to the development of 40 Degreez Centre the term of office should be three years renewable for a further three years if they wish to do so. Not more than a third of the Trustees should be up for re-election in any one year to ensure continuity according to the charity’s procedures for effective succession planning. Trustees should include representatives from each of the following:
- Surrey County Council
- Farnham business and professional community
- At least three involved in youth work and one directly involved in 40 Degreez Centre
- Representatives from Farnham Town Council and Waverley Borough Council join the Trustees as observers only.
- Representative from families and school communities
The Trustees currently comprise :
- Ms Janet Maines (Chairperson and Buildings)
- Mr Mike Ellis (Vice Chairman, Youth activities, IT)
- Dr Pat Lambert (Health and welfare matters, Safeguarding )
- Pat Frost (Surrey County Councillor)
- Mr Stewart Dakers (Youth activities)
- Dr Peter Marriott (Treasurer)
- Mr Mark Constable
Councillor Carole Cockburn (Waverley Borough Council and Councillor Stephen Hill (Farnham Town Council) sit on the Trustees Board as observers but do not have a vote.
In addition, the trustees co-opt specialist support when necessary, and in particular:
Mr John Goodman, who is responsible for the maintenance of the building used by 40Degreez.
The Trustees are supported by two part-time employed administrative staff, currently:
Mrs Liselle Francis (General administration and financial management)
Mrs Eve Baker (General admin, marketing and fundraising)
Additionally, 40 Degreez Centre currently employs two part-time Youth Workers:
Karen Slingo – Youth Leader
40 Degreez Centre is a registered charity (Charity number 1000823).
The centre building is owned by Waverley Borough Council and run on a 99 year maintaining lease by the charity.
The Trustees maintain a Business Plan, which is reviewed and published annually. If you would like to read our plan, click the button below.40 Degreez Centre Business Plan 2013
If you have any questions about the organisation, please do not hesitate to contact us.