40 Degreez Centre is managed by a group of trustees who meet quarterly, who are supported by the Steering Committee comprising a mixture of trustees and co-opted members from other interested organisations. In order to ensure that the Trustees remain fully committed to the development of 40 Degreez Centre the term of office should be three years renewable for a further three years if they wish to do so. Not more than a third of the Trustees should be up for re-election in any one year to ensure continuity according to the charity’s procedures for effective succession planning. Trustees should include representatives from each of the following:
- Surrey County Council
- Farnham business and professional community
- At least three involved in youth work and one directly involved in 40 Degreez Centre
- Representatives from Farnham Town Council and Waverley Borough Council join the Trustees as observers only.
- Representative from families and school communities
The Trustees for 2017 currently comprise :
- Janet Maines (Chairperson, Health & Safety, Buildings)
- Mike Ellis (Vice Chairman, Youth activities, Safeguarding, IT)
- David Shakeshaft (Marketing)
- TBA (Surrey County Councillor)
- Stewart Dakers (Youth activities)
- Sally Ross/Peter Marriott (Treasurer)
- Pam Laslett (Schools liason)
- Carole Cockburn (Town Council Observer)
- Sammy Darrell (SCC Representative)
In addition, the trustees co-opt specialist support when necessary, and in particular:
John Goodman, who is responsible for the maintenance of the building used by 40 Degreez.
The Trustees are supported by two part-time employed administrative staff, currently:
Liselle Francis (General administration and financial management)
Eve Baker (General admin, marketing and fundraising, secretary to the board)
Additionally, 40 Degreez Centre currently employs two part-time Youth Workers:
Simon Jamison – Youth Leader
Sue Holmes – Youth Worker
40 Degreez Centre is a registered charity (Charity number 1000823).
The centre building is owned by Waverley Borough Council and run on a 99 year maintaining lease by the charity.
The Trustees maintain a Business Plan, which is reviewed and published annually. If you would like to read our plan, click the button below.40 Degreez Centre Business Plan 2017
The Trustees maintain a range of Standard Operating Policies and Procedures, which is reviewed and published annually. For further information, click the button below.40 Degreez Centre Standard Operating Policies & Procedures 2017
If you have any questions about the organisation, please do not hesitate to contact us.