This page sets out 40 Degreez Centre policy with respect to compliance with the EU “Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011” (PECR).
Your privacy is critically important to us. 40 Degreez Centre follows a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with third parties.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
Gathering of personally-identifying information
When users book a room we gather personally-identifying information so that we can progress your order. We store this information confidentially on our servers and will only use it after you have used the facilities for marketing purposes. We do not disclose personally-identifying information.
At 40 Degreez Centre clubs, we gather information on young people such as name, address, next of kin, medical needs, and communication numbers. We also gather parental signatures for special events such as outings away from the 40 Degreez Centre. We only retain such information for the duration of individuals being members of our clubs. With young people, this happens naturally when they get too old to attend a particular club. Again, we do not divulge any of this information to third parties.
Personal names and images
The 40 Degreez Centre provides a range of services and clubs for young people and one of the functions of this website is to promote these services to the community. In recognizing our Safeguarding policy where ‘Privacy and confidentiality should be respected’, there are a few rules that website editors must follow.
- The more ‘static’ elements of the website, eg: pages, will not refer to names of young people, nor show any images of young people in any way.
- Any reference to names or images of young people will only appear on News and Club blogs (Posts), and only with prior written authorisation of a parent of the young person.
- Only the christian name of a young person will be referenced.
Note: As defined in the Safeguarding policy, a young person is anyone under 18 years of age.
Names and images of adults do appear on the website, but authorisation will be obtained in advance.
Linked web sites