The Youth Support Service (YSS) aims to give all Surrey young people the opportunity to participate in employment, training or education.
The YSS also work to reduce the damage caused by crime in communities. It believes in the potential of every young person in Surrey to succeed.
The YSS will work with you to give you the chance to go on to lead a successful, happy life.
Surrey’s Youth Support Service (YSS) can, if you are unemployed
- help you decide what job you would like and the steps to take
- help you find the right training or college place
- help you develop the skills to move into work, training or education
- offer support and help solve problems
- give advice on money, benefits, health and wellbeing
- help you to recognise what you are good at and other ideas for leisure interest
- offer advice on legal matters
- help you to keep safe and keep out of trouble
- point you in the right direction when you need specialist help.
The YSS will work with you to give you the chance to go on to lead a successful, happy life. Staff will assess your needs and agree with you on an action plan – this could include group activities or one to one sessions. YSS staff may also work with schools, colleges, health professionals, police and voluntary organisations to make sure that you are given the tailored support you need. We don’t give up on young people.
Within the 40 Degreez Centre, the YSS offers:
The Next Step Up
This is a drop in which is available for unemployed 16-19 year olds in the Farnham area. The Surrey Youth Support Service Waverley Team are providing a place to meet for young people Not in Education Employment of Training (NEET).
The drop in is based in the 40 Degreez Centre on Thursdays 12:30 till 2:30pm every week, including holidays.
Young people can access a hot meal, local newspapers, computers, friendly staff and the opportunity to meet other young people in similar situations. The staff provide professional advice, guidance and support young people making their next steps. Young people are involved in the programme planning and can even take part in the Duke of Edinburgh Award.
The Surrey Youth Support Service is FREE to all Surrey young people and is voluntary for all its participants. For further information in Farnham please contact Kate Stevenson 07968 832362.
If you’d like to find out more please visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/servicesforyoungpeople or you can call the YSS on 01483 519333.